1 head garlic, minced
1 pound scapes, chopped
2 yellow onions, small dice
10 pound mix of Crimini, Button, Shitake, and Oyster mushrooms, chopped
3 quarts of Vegetable Broth
1 quart Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper
1 bunch of Fresh Herbs, chopped
1. Add 2 Tbsps of Olive Oil In a heavy saute pan on medium heat, Add garlic, scapes, and onions. Cook until Translucent.
2. Add chopped mushrooms and saute until tender. Remove from heat.
3. Blend Mushroom mixture in a Food Processor, keeping it it chunky and larger pieces of mushroom.
4. Pour mixture to large stockpot, add Vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
5. Cook until mushrooms they are completely cooked. When cooked, add cream, salt and pepper to season. Bring mixture up to barely a simmer, be careful!! The cream can break if heated to a boil.
6. Add herbs to finish and serve!
Lisa says the amounts are for a really large amount of soup, so you probably want to cut them down proportionately.
Follow the link above (on “Cream of Mushroom Soup”) to find more recipes from the Hull House kitchen.